Welcome to the Self-Study version of
Living the New Story: Myth, Magic & Miracles!
Our live journey ran from September 2020 to April 2021 and each of the 8 videoconferencing sessions were recorded. Now we have made the programme available in self-study format so that you can benefit from the rich course material and participate at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
Unfold your own myth and open to the magical, the miraculous
Humans have always been myth-making creatures. Myth is a guiding narrative that encompasses the stories we tell ourselves about our world. Cultural myth teaches us about the world and our place within it. It gives life meaning.
Carl Jung once said that if the underpinning cultural myth is dying and is no longer adequate for people, then the myth-making power resides in individuals, and that the birth of a personal myth in the imagination of one individual, or a group of individuals, can literally spread and change the world.
Now is such a time. Some might say it will take a miracle to transform our dying world.
The Findhorn Foundation Community has long been known as a modern day mystery school, which grew out of an embodied sense of miracle-mindedness and the practice of inner listening to the still, small voice within. This timeless passage from the inner guidance of co-founder, Eileen Caddy, has become a tenet by which we live….
The mythic imagination can open us to the source of the magical and the miraculous, teach us how to live more consciously and authentically, and inspire us to unfold our own myth, fall in love with life and renchant our world.
Join us on the 8-session mystical journey of Self discovery
The Self discovery journey is unique, intimate, magical, mysterious, confronting yet infinitely expansive and enriching. Each of us finds our own gateway into The Great Mystery and the practices that consciously connect us with our inner self. Whether it is early dawn meditation, a retreat at a monastery, church or temple, or whether you find spiritual sanctuary neath a grove of trees, atop a majestic mountain or communing near a babbling brook, what is essential is to create silent spaces in which to deepen the Self discovery and listen to the still, small voice within. The soul quest reveals the answers to the deep, perennial questions:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- What is my unique journey in the universe?
- What is my own personal myth and how can I best serve humanity’s collective cultural myth at this critical time in our evolution?
Carl Jung says finding your myth is the task of tasks:
“… in the most natural way, I took it upon myself to get to know my myth, and this I regarded as my task of tasks.”
Likewise, Rumi also emphasises this task of tasks by encouraging us to unfold our own myth and embrace the “moment when we begin to feel the wings we are growing, lifting.”
You are warmly invited to become part of a sangha of modern day myth-makers, visionaries, seekers and seers, each unfolding their personal myth, invoking the magical and opening to the source of the miraculous.
This journey is for you if you sense a compelling impulse to consciously evolve within yourself by unfolding your own personal myth and, in so doing, are called to contribute to the weaving of a new cultural mythology to serve the planet at this extraordinary, yet often uncertain and challenging, time in our human history.
Over the eight sessions, we are inviting you to embark on a mystical journey of Self discovery. Together we will explore what needs to change in us, and in our cultural myth. Each session will explore, at increasing levels of depth, what it is to live our new myth personally, and accelerate it collectively, through:
- embracing the miracle of our cosmogenic myth and awakening to unity consciousness as an evolutionary force;
- understanding the role of myth and the limitations of our current cultural story;
- rekindling the flame of our mythic imagination to transform our underlying cultural mythology by reimagining a new story for our time, which entwines and enmeshes us back into the web of life;
- drawing from the magic of Findhorn and the source of the miraculous through the wisdom of our core spiritual principles of transformative living: inner listening in alignment with Spirit; co-creation with the intelligence of Nature; and practising love in action by consciously infusing love into everything we do;
- opening to the Indigenous practice of surrender, discovery and relationship to The Great Mystery of creation, steeped in the richness of ceremony and the depth of our connection to Mother Earth;
- evolving into our emotional, psychological and spiritual empowerment, one Truth at a time, on the path to our magnificent, mystical journey; and
- celebrating the nuances of our magical world, unfolding our own personal myth, and daring to fall in love with the miracle of life all over again.
The 8-session Journey
The journey is made up of 8 sessions:
What you will receive
- 8 pre-recorded video sessions: The format of each session includes: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by the hosts, speaker presentation, time to pause at your own pace for individual reflection, Q&A/participant sharings, and closing remarks. You will be able to view the recordings at your convenience. You may also want to review the recordings more than once to integrate the content of the sessions more deeply.
- 8 session Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Ongoing access to your journey host: Your journey host will be available via email and Zoom calls to support you to deepen into the journey, field your questions, and share insights, reflections and information.
- Free access to our documentary film: An Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World. The feature-length film is a great introduction to new story themes and may be useful to watch before the online learning journey begins.
Please note that you will need to set aside at least 3 hours per session to watch the video recording and work with the questions for ongoing reflection contained in your accompanying Study Guide.
Meet Our Modern Day Myth-Makers
All of our inspiring myth-makers are proactively committed to pioneering new ways of living and being as we reimagine and renchant our world. In each session, we’ll have the opportunity to draw from their inspiration to help illuminate the way which, in turn, will compel us to take action in our own lives and communities.