Welcome to the Self-Study version of
Living the New Story Series 1 !
Our live journey ran from August 2017 to March 2018 and each of the 8 videoconferencing sessions were recorded. Now we have made the programme available in self-study format so that you can benefit from the rich course material and participate at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
You will never tell a more powerful story
than the one you tell with your life.
As humans, we find our way by story. Our stories shape us, hold us and give meaning to our lives. Every so often it becomes clear that a prevailing story is no longer serving. Now is such a time.
The old world is dying and the new world has yet to be born. Ordinary citizens all over the planet, who’ve been struggling with the deep divisions across society in today’s fraught and fear-based social and political landscape, are coming together in active participation to cocreate and embody a new story for their lives.
Scientists and visionaries tell us that the evolutionary story that is now unfolding is of an interconnected, interdependent, living universe, in which humans are embedded in nature, in reciprocity with the natural world – a story that indigenous peoples have always known, and that many of us are now remembering. This evolutionary new story enquiry is empowering a groundswell of individuals and communities who are waking up to the potential of an audacious new world that is changing lives and mobilising collective action toward an interconnected, highly creative and regenerative world.
This is why the Findhorn Foundation is hosting this exciting online journey at this time of systems collapse. The convergence of multiple crises we face on the planet requires collective solutions, and it is by gathering and working together in groups to dream into, and find our place within, a new story for humanity, that change will happen. We are inviting you to be an active partner in this bold journey into the next phase of humanity’s conscious evolution.
As we change our story, we change our world. What story will your life tell as the new paradigm emerges?
Join us to explore the New Story of your life
Explore your new story through the wisdom and inspiration of like-minded visionaries, thought leaders and change makers, each carrying a thread of the new story. Their example will enable you to discover what thread you are carrying.
This journey is for you if you sense a compelling impulse to consciously evolve, and are called to contribute to the collective healing of the planet at this extraordinary, and often challenging, time in human history.
The 8-session Journey
The journey is comprised of the following 8 sessions:
Throughout the eight sessions, we are inviting you to take an experiential journey into what needs to change in us, and in the human story. Each session will explore, at increasing levels of depth, what it is to live the new story personally, and accelerate it collectively, through:
- Understanding our own personal journey inside of our larger, collective story of human evolution.
- Awakening to ourselves as dynamic, inspired agents of change and learning how to powerfully cocreate the future of our world in a way that is uniquely ours.
- Catalysing our growth and evolution beyond the patterns and core beliefs of our past to make way for the new story to unfold.
- Honouring the best of the old story and integrating it into the new.
- Connecting with, and beginning to harness, the power of the collective field to carry the new story forward.
What you will receive
- 8 prerecorded video sessions: The format of each session includes: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by the hosts, speaker presentation, time to pause at your own pace for individual reflection, Q&A/participant sharings, and closing remarks. You will be able to view the recordings at your convenience. You may also want to review the recordings more than once to integrate the content of the sessions more deeply.
- 8 session Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Ongoing access to your journey host: Your journey host will be available via email and Zoom calls to support you to deepen into the journey, field your questions, and share insights, reflections and information.
- Free access to our documentary film: An Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World. The feature-length film is a great introduction to new story themes and may be useful to watch before you begin your online learning journey.
Please note that you will need to set aside at least 3 hours per session to watch the video recording and work with the questions for ongoing reflection contained in your accompanying Study Guide.
Meet Our Change Makers
All of our inspiring change makers are proactively committed to pioneering new ways of living and being as we transition to a new evolutionary paradigm. In each session, you’ll have the opportunity to draw from their inspiration to help illuminate the way which, in turn, will compel you to take action in your own life and community.
Meet Your Hosts
Both Robin Alfred and Mattie Porte are long-time residents of the Findhorn Foundation Community and have each served the Findhorn Foundation in a number of diverse roles over the years. They have been proactively involved with new story themes since the lead up to the Foundation’s New Story Summit in 2014 and continue to live the new story in their own lives.