Following the success of our pilot series of Living the New Story, we are delighted to announce that we are hosting a second live series and we invite you to join us. We have a fantastic line up of topics and speakers, sure to uplift and inspire. Now all we need is you!
We are all the new story coming alive!
Barbara, whom we are most fortunate to have as a session speaker, envisions that as part of our evolutionary new story, Homo sapiens is giving birth to a new species — Homo universalis (universal human) — a higher conception of humanity that co-evolves with nature, co-exists with high-tech genius, co-creates with spirit and leads with love.
As we birth this new species, we support the birth of a new world. We begin to recognise ourselves as full participants and conscious cocreators in the evolution of life, embedded in nature, in reciprocity with the natural world, acting in service for the benefit of the whole, with reverence for all life. The creative genius of each of us is needed to support the transition to an interconnected, highly creative and regenerative future.
Join us to catalyse the shift toward a thriving, regenerative world
Become part of the shift in collaboration with a community of like-minded visionaries, thought leaders and change makers, each bringing their gift. Their inspiration will enable you to discover what gift you bring.
This journey is for you if you sense a compelling impulse to consciously evolve, and are called to contribute to the collective regeneration of the planet at this extraordinary, and often challenging, time in human history.
One two-hour session per month, via online video-conferencing
Our journey comprises one two-hour session per month, over eight months. We will be using Zoom video-conferencing to convene our sessions – a very easy, user-friendly way to gather and proactively engage global audiences online. If you haven’t yet used the platform, we will guide you easily through the technology. Once you’ve registered, and before the first introductory session, we’ll send you the access information for Zoom so that you can participate. All you will need is a laptop, computer, tablet, or smartphone with a camera and stable internet access. You will be able to join us from the comfort of your own home or from wherever you are in the world.
The 8-session Journey
The eight-month journey from 20 September 2018 to 4 April 2019 is made up of 8 sessions. Times stated are London, UK time. Click here to convert to your local time.
Over the eight months, we are inviting you to take an experiential, participatory journey together into what needs to change in us, and in the human story. Each session will explore, at increasing levels of depth, what it is to live the new story personally, and accelerate it collectively, through:
- Becoming creatively engaged in the process of our conscious evolution in order to encourage the emergence of new and creative human potentials.
- Reawakening the regenerative indigenous traditions that will catalyse the transition from the Industrial Growth Society to a thriving Regenerative Society.
- Shifting our attitudes from exploitation of the Earth’s resources to reverence for all life – from extraction to regeneration, from competition to cooperation, from fear to trust.
- Recognising our interdependence and coming together as a global family to work through the convergence of multiple crises we face.
- Learning from successful examples of cultures experimenting with new ways of living and being.
- Learning how to become more impactful and influential change makers within our own communities.
What you will receive
- 8 live sessions: The format of each session will be flexible and emergent but will include: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by the hosts, Mattie and Robin (15 minutes), speaker presentation and dialogue with hosts (40 minutes), participant break out groups (30 minutes), return to the large group for Q&A with the speaker and participant sharings (30 minutes), and closing remarks (5 minutes).
- Video recording of each session: All the speaker sessions will be recorded and made available within 48 hours following the session. If you are not able to attend one of the live sessions, you will be able to view the recording at your convenience. You may also want to review the recording to integrate the content of a particular session more deeply.
- Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Participant Facebook Group: This will be your virtual home over the eight months. The Private Facebook Group will enable you to engage in shared enquiry between sessions to deepen the journey, build alliances, and share your questions, projects and visions with a community of peers. You may also choose to stay engaged after the programme as a way to integrate and continue to build community and support one another.
- Free access to our documentary film: An Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World. The feature-length film is a great introduction to new story themes and may be useful to watch before the online learning journey begins.
Meet Our Change Makers
All of our inspiring change makers are proactively committed to pioneering new ways of living and being as we transition to a thriving, regenerative world. In each session, we’ll have the opportunity to draw from their inspiration to help illuminate the way which, in turn, will compel us to take action in our own lives and communities.
Meet Your Hosts
Both Robin Alfred and Mattie Porte are long-time residents of the Findhorn Foundation Community and have each served the Findhorn Foundation in a number of diverse roles over the years. They have been proactively involved with new story themes since the lead up to the Foundation’s New Story Summit in 2014 and continue to live the new story in their own lives.