We are asking all Summiteers to choose a Home Group by 20 August. These groups will meet together twice – on Sunday and Monday afternoons. This is a facilitated smaller group where you can share feelings, ask practical questions about your stay, find a friend, and be heard in a smaller container. It will also serve to orientate you towards important choices as we prepare to move into the two days of Emergence.
We are offering three basic choices:
- A Mixed Home Group – a random, ‘synchronous’ selection of Summiteers, spread across age and culture.
- An Integration, ‘Big Picture’ Home Group – for those of you who know that you are looking for patterns, threads or stories to weave across disciplines and themes from the beginning.
- A Themed Home Group – for those who would prefer to have the opportunity to meet with others who have a similar starting area of interest as you. Themed groups will be made up around the following interests:-
- New Economics/Relationship with money
- Ecology and Environment
- Community building
- Creative expression/ The role of art
- Political action
- New law
- Sustainability/Limits to growth
- Policy making
- New governance
- Social movements
- Cultural evolution
- 21st century leadership
- Learning/Emerging education
- Health and healing
- Gender and relationship
- Rites of passage/Power of ceremony
- ‘Wild cards’
We will create about 20 groups of roughly 15 people, so depending on final numbers some themed groups (if oversubscribed) may break into 2 while others (if under subscribed) may merge with other ‘less than full’ to create a hybrid group.
If you are in any doubt we recommend a Mixed Home Group!