Welcome to the Self-Study version of
Living the New Story Series 3 !
Our live journey ran from September 2019 to April 2020 and each of the 8 videoconferencing sessions were recorded. Now we have made the programme available in self-study format so that you can benefit from the rich course material and participate at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
In Nature’s economy, the currency is Life!
And all life is sacred. Imagine the transition to a world in which our Earth’s ecology is revered as sacred and all of Nature’s gifts, including our own, are shared for the personal, social and ecological benefit and wellbeing of all life.
The transition to sacred economy is part of a larger shift in our ways of thinking, relating, and being. Economic logic alone is not enough to sustain it. Many economic visionaries have devised mathematically persuasive revolutions in money and property, but of the handful that ever came to fruition, none survived the test of time….. As we heal the spirit-matter rupture, we discover that economics and spirituality are inseparable. On the personal level, economics is about how to give our gifts and meet our needs. It is about who we are in relation to the world. By changing our everyday economic thinking and practices, we not only prepare ourselves for the great changes ahead; we also set the stage for their emergence. By living the concepts of sacred economics, we ease its acceptance by all and welcome it into the world.
As we consciously welcome the emergence of sacred economics into our hearts, we catalyse the birth of a new world which supports all of life. We begin to recognise ourselves as full participants and conscious cocreators in the evolution of life, embedded in nature, in reciprocity with the natural world, giving our gifts, in service, for the benefit of the whole, with reverence and respect for all life. The creative genius of each of us is needed to support the transition to an interconnected, highly creative and regenerative future for all life forms on this beautiful planet we call our ecological home.
Join us to catalyse the shift toward a thriving, regenerative new economy that reveres all life as sacred
Become part of the shift in collaboration with a community of like-minded visionaries, thought leaders and change makers, each bringing their gift. Their inspiration will enable you to discover what gift you bring.
This journey is for you if you sense a compelling impulse to consciously evolve, and are called to contribute to the collective regeneration of the planet at this extraordinary, and often challenging, time in human history.
The 8-session Journey
The journey is comprised of the following 8 sessions.
Throughout the eight sessions, we are inviting you to take an experiential, participatory journey together into what needs to change in us, and in the human story. Each session will explore, at increasing levels of depth, what it is to live the new story personally, and accelerate it collectively, through:
- Embodying the sacredness and dignity of all life embedded within our ecological home and designing our economies to work with Nature not against it.
- Understanding the core aspects and challenges of the global neoliberal economic system.
- Moving from globalisation to localisation to restore indigenous networks and ecological systems.
- Creating regenerative, distributive economies that thrive not grow.
- Transitioning to an economy for the common good in which consumption of natural resources remains within the regenerative capacity of natural ecosystems and planetary boundaries.
- Exploring gift culture as a viable economic alternative based on the principle of interbeing inherent in the new yet ancient story.
- Learning from radical success stories of service-based caring and sharing economies, already being experimented with, on the ground, around the world.
- Becoming effective influential agents of ecological, social and economic change in our own lives and communities right where we are.
What you will receive
- 8 prerecorded video sessions: The format of each session includes: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by the hosts, speaker presentation, time to pause at your own pace for individual reflection, Q&A/participant sharings, and closing remarks. You will be able to view the recordings at your convenience. You may also want to review the recordings more than once to integrate the content of the sessions more deeply.
- 8 session Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Ongoing access to your journey host: Your journey host will be available via email and Zoom calls to support you to deepen into the journey, field your questions, and share insights, reflections and information.
- Free access to our documentary film: An Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World. The feature-length film is a great introduction to new story themes and may be useful to watch before you begin your online learning journey.
Please note that you will need to set aside at least 3 hours per session to watch the video recording and work with the questions for ongoing reflection contained in your accompanying Study Guide.
Meet Our Change Makers
All of our inspiring change makers are proactively committed to pioneering new ways of living and being as we transition to a thriving, regenerative world. In each session, we’ll have the opportunity to draw from their inspiration to help illuminate the way which, in turn, will compel us to take action in our own lives and communities.
Pat McCabe, Weyakpa Najin Win (Woman Stands Shining), is a Diné mother, grandmother, activist, artist, writer, ceremonial leader, and international speaker. She is a voice for global peace, and her paintings are created as tools for individual, earth and global healing.
She draws upon the Indigenous sciences of Thriving Life to reframe questions about sustainability and balance, and she is devoted to supporting the next generations, Women’s Nation and Men’s Nation, in being functional members of the “Hoop of Life” and upholding the honour of being human.