Unfold your own myth and open to the magical, the miraculous
Humans have always been myth-making creatures. Myth is a guiding narrative that encompasses the stories we tell ourselves about our world. Cultural myth teaches us about the world and our place within it. It gives life meaning.
Carl Jung once said that if the underpinning cultural myth is dying and is no longer adequate for people, then the myth-making power resides in individuals, and that the birth of a personal myth in the imagination of one individual, or a group of individuals, can literally spread and change the world.
Now is such a time. Some might say it will take a miracle to transform our dying world.
The Findhorn Foundation Community has long been known as a modern day mystery school, which grew out of an embodied sense of miracle-mindedness and the practice of inner listening to the still, small voice within. This timeless passage from the inner guidance of co-founder, Eileen Caddy, has become a tenet by which we live….
The mythic imagination can open us to the source of the magical and the miraculous, teach us how to live more consciously and authentically, and inspire us to unfold our own myth, fall in love with life and renchant our world.
Join us on the 8-month mystical journey of Self discovery
The Self discovery journey is unique, intimate, magical, mysterious, confronting yet infinitely expansive and enriching. Each of us finds our own gateway into The Great Mystery and the practices that consciously connect us with our inner self. Whether it is early dawn meditation, a retreat at a monastery, church or temple, or whether you find spiritual sanctuary neath a grove of trees, atop a majestic mountain or communing near a babbling brook, what is essential is to create silent spaces in which to deepen the Self discovery and listen to the still, small voice within. The soul quest reveals the answers to the deep, perennial questions:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- What is my unique journey in the universe?
- What is my own personal myth and how can I best serve humanity’s collective cultural myth at this critical time in our evolution?
Carl Jung says finding your myth is the task of tasks:
“… in the most natural way, I took it upon myself to get to know my myth, and this I regarded as my task of tasks.”
Likewise, Rumi also emphasises this task of tasks by encouraging us to unfold our own myth and embrace the “moment when we begin to feel the wings we are growing, lifting.”
You are warmly invited to become part of a sangha of modern day myth-makers, visionaries, seekers and seers, each unfolding their personal myth, invoking the magical and opening to the source of the miraculous.
This journey is for you if you sense a compelling impulse to consciously evolve within yourself by unfolding your own personal myth and, in so doing, are called to contribute to the weaving of a new cultural mythology to serve the planet at this extraordinary, yet often uncertain and challenging, time in our human history.
Over the eight months, we are inviting you to embark on a mystical journey of Self discovery. Together we will explore what needs to change in us, and in our cultural myth. Each session will explore, at increasing levels of depth, what it is to live our new myth personally, and accelerate it collectively, through:
- embracing the miracle of our cosmogenic myth and awakening to unity consciousness as an evolutionary force;
- understanding the role of myth and the limitations of our current cultural story;
- rekindling the flame of our mythic imagination to transform our underlying cultural mythology by reimagining a new story for our time, which entwines and enmeshes us back into the web of life;
- drawing from the magic of Findhorn and the source of the miraculous through the wisdom of our core spiritual principles of transformative living: inner listening in alignment with Spirit; co-creation with the intelligence of Nature; and practising love in action by consciously infusing love into everything we do;
- opening to the Indigenous practice of surrender, discovery and relationship to The Great Mystery of creation, steeped in the richness of ceremony and the depth of our connection to Mother Earth;
- evolving into our emotional, psychological and spiritual empowerment, one Truth at a time, on the path to our magnificent, mystical journey; and
- celebrating the nuances of our magical world, unfolding our own personal myth, and daring to fall in love with the miracle of life all over again.
One two-hour session per month, via online video-conferencing
Our journey comprises one two-hour session per month, over eight months. We will be using Zoom video-conferencing to convene our sessions – a very easy, user-friendly way to gather and proactively engage global audiences online. If you haven’t yet used the platform, we will guide you easily through the technology.
Once you’ve registered, and before the first introductory session, we’ll send you the access information for Zoom so that you can participate. All you will need is a laptop, computer, tablet, or smartphone with a camera and stable internet access. You will be able to join us from the comfort of your own home or from wherever you are in the world.
The 8-session Journey
The eight-month journey from 3 September 2020 to 8 April 2021 is made up of 8 sessions. Times stated are London, UK time. Click here to convert to your local time.
What you will receive
- 8 live sessions: The format of each session will be flexible and emergent but will include: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by your journey host (15 minutes), speaker presentation (40 minutes), participant break out groups (30 minutes), return to the large group for Q&A with the speaker and participant sharings (30 minutes), and closing remarks (5 minutes).
- Video recording of each session: All the speaker sessions will be recorded and made available 48 hours following the session. If you are not able to attend one of the live sessions, you will be able to view the recording at your convenience. You may also want to review the recording to integrate the content of a particular session more deeply.
- Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Participant Facebook Group: This will be your virtual home over the eight months. The Private Facebook Group will enable you to engage in shared enquiry between sessions to deepen the journey, build alliances, and share your reflections, insights, experiences and questions with a community of peers. You may also choose to stay engaged after the programme as a way to integrate and continue to build community and support one another.
- 24-Hour Participant Zoom Line: Participants are encouraged to self-organise and initiate small group dialogues between live sessions through our easy-to-use Open Zoom Line available 24/7.
- Free access to our documentary film: An Enquiry into A New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World. The feature-length film is a great introduction to new story themes and may be useful to watch before the online learning journey begins.
Please note that you will need to set aside 3-5 hours per month, depending on the level of depth you are willing to go to, in order to engage with the live sessions and to connect with fellow participants between sessions to work with the questions for ongoing reflection and dialogue contained in your Study Guides.
Meet Our Modern Day Myth-Makers
All of our inspiring myth-makers are proactively committed to pioneering new ways of living and being as we reimagine and renchant our world. In each session, we’ll have the opportunity to draw from their inspiration to help illuminate the way which, in turn, will compel us to take action in our own lives and communities.
Meet Your Journey Host