In this 42-minute video interview, Dr Scilla Elworthy, Peace Builder and founder of the Oxford Research Group, Peace Direct, Rising Women Rising World, and FemmeQ, shares about:
- the initiation of ‘The Elders’ with Peter Gabriel, Richard Branson and Nelson Mandela – an organisation that brings together eminent leaders to offer a collective influence to support humanitarian issues, such as climate change, healthcare and global equality
- presence, honesty and integrity as the top qualities needed for leadership and how the clear presence and integrity of Greta Thunberg is reminiscent of the clear presence and integrity of Mandela
- emerging examples of leadership, the need for increased action, and how instrumental the school strikes have been to bringing exposure to the climate emergency
- the importance of transforming anger and fear in oneself in order to stay in relationship with another even when we disagree on major issues of the day such as climate change.
- how vital vision is to leadership today – “The future belongs to those who can see it.”
From Olivier Mythodrama with Senior Associate Robin Alfred.