At the end of last year, Christiana Figueres, Former Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and architect of the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, visited the ethical bank, Triodos, to share some wisdom and inspiration on how to ‘be a leader of the change you want to see’. Tridodos happens to be the bank used by the Findhorn Foundation and Christiana will be one of the keynote speakers at Findhorn’s 2019 Climate Change & Consciousness conference.
Christiana’s sage and quite radical advice boiled down to the following:
- Develop a clear vision deeply rooted in morality and values.
- Employ a breadth and diversity of decision-makers.
- Connect the dots to achieve radical collaboration.
- Build trust by “embracing the distrust and giving it space”.
- Exercise stubborn optimism.
- Call forth our inner wisdom into our decision making.
In relation to the progress of climate action, Figueres points out that the next 5 years are critical. They will determine, she says, the quality of life for people on planet earth for the next 300 years.
Read the full story….
(Thank you to conference organiser, Graham Meltzer, for sharing.)